This chapter is about rebalancing the hormones in your body. Do you have PCOS, endometriosis or do you just feel that your hormones occasionally go crazy? Then do not take these tips for granted!
We will discuss 5 points on how to keep control of your hormones!
- Food and care products
- Yoga, breathing and meditation
- Rest, relaxation and sport
- Avoid processed and fatty foods, sugar, coffee and processed salt. Nutrition that brings your hormones back into balance can be found in the MyPregnancyWish app. Use only care products that are free of chemicals such as SLS, parabens and avoid chemicals in plastic such as BPA.
- For ladies with hormonal problems like:
- Thyroid gland abnormality
- Cysts in the womb or ovaries
- Irregular periods
- Polluted womb environment
- Thin endometrium
We developed a special hormonebalance tea that brings your hormones back into balance. This tea is specially for women and works to ensures that all hormone values are restored. The tea is drunk twice a day and is available in our assortment in the webshop with instructions.
- Yoga and relaxation come hand in hand. Because when you do yoga, you also ensure that your body goes into relaxation mode. There are special yoga exercises for relaxation, for more energy, for opening your pelvis and hips and for your hormone balance. Hormone yoga has an effect on the whole body, but mainly focuses on the ovaries, the pituitary gland and the thyroid gland. By making yoga and meditation part of your daily routine, the stress hormone cortisol will decrease. Research shows that with yoga the stress hormone level is reduced by 43%. Also, certain breathing exercises are very effective in reducing stress hormones, improving energy supply, oxygen transit, and blood circulation in the womb and ovaries.
- Having enough rest, relaxation and an optimal condition increases your chances for your body to recover, regenerate and reproduce.
- Provide peace and rest to your life. Consciously take rest and have relaxing moments, for instance, by spending a night on the couch and watching series. You can only get rest in your mind if you have a peaceful environment. Take distance from people who bring stress and negativity to your life, this has a toxic influence on your hormones. Stop worrying about what people say or think about you. It is of utmost importance that you keep a positive mindset. A positive mindset can be difficult if you are dealing with infertility issues. But, just remember everything will fall into place, the struggle is only temporary. Life is full of ups and downs, this is the down part, and soon you’ll find yourself soaring to the top. You will be a parent, and you will achieve it all with God’s will. If you suffer from trauma, seek help from a therapist. Some problems are very deeply rooted and can cause deep tensions that only a professional can help with.
- Relaxation is relative, for one person it is reading a good book, for the other it is cleaning the fridge and for another it is shopping. Find what relaxes you and do it, what ever it may be. Think of (yin) yoga, pilates, roller-skating in the park, cycling, celebrating holidays, Tai Chi, getting a fresh dose of nature, grounding, long walks, look for a nice hobby, doing nice things with your partner, friends or family. All of this will result in an overall improvement in your hormonal balance. Make sure that you find a balance between activity and relaxation.
- Light exercise also has a relaxing effect. If you do intense exercises your body is only creating stress hormones, thus doing the opposite of relaxing. By regularly moving at a slow pace you have a little me-time to refresh your mind. This makes you feel better, you will lose weight, develop muscles and you get more energy! Having a good condition is also very important to maximize the chance of successful fertilization, such as good blood circulation and enough oxygen in your blood. Make sure that you do some exercise every week so that your body will be fit. Exercise is also very important for the elimination of toxins and it activates hormone production.
- How important is progesterone?
Progesterone and estrogen must be in balance with each other. A hormonal imbalance causes a disrupted menstrual cycle and may cause other problems. Without progesterone a pregnancy is impossible, this hormone is extremely important for the balance of your hormones. It is also a calming hormone, you need this hormone in stressful times. Thanks to progesterone, the endometrial lining gets the perfect thickness. This allows the egg to implant, once nested, progesterone ensures that the pregnancy is maintained. Korrel & Kruid has developed a tea for us that you should drink from ovulation until the third month of pregnancy. This ensures that the progesterone quantity stays at optimal level and the womb environment is in good condition. This can reduce the chances of a miscarriage. This is especially important in the first weeks. After week 12, the placenta takes over the progesterone and estrogen. Not enough progesterone in your body causes miscarriage. The older you get, the less progesterone your body makes, thus, making it more difficult to get and remain pregnant the older you get.
The big DONT’S that cause hormonal imbalance are:
- Wrong food
- No exercise
- A lot of sitting (office work)
- Smoking (the menopause can arrive early)
- Drinking alcohol
- Drink a lot of coffee